- Estimate 1.5 oz. of cheese per person when serving a selection of cheeses. If more than three cheeses are used, reduce portions to 1 oz.
- Allow cheese to breathe out of the packaging and to get to room temperature before serving, usually about one
hour. Cheese that is too cold lacks flavor.
- If you slice cheese in advance, cover it with plastic so it does not dry out.
- Suggested accompaniments: almonds, quince paste (membrillo), fig or date cakes, fruit bars, fresh fruit.
- Serve a variety of cheeses. Take into consideration different milks – cow/goat/sheep. Consider texture – semisoft, soft, hard. Add a blue…Combine sharp, mild, smooth, piquant.
- As the cheeses may have many flavors, you should use simple bread or crackers that do not have many other flavors.